Today is the autumn equinox. As Minnesotans, this means that we need to prioritize spending time outside before it's too late. The season-that-shall-not-be-named is coming. Here are a few ideas for fun in the fall.
1. Get yourself to the Tin Fish on Lake Calhoun immediately. You've only got weeks left to get a fish taco before they close up shop for the winter.
2. Canoe the St. Croix River. This will be especially wonderful when the leaves change within the next few weeks. I've used Eric's Canoe Rental for canoe rental (duh). They offer a 10-mile or 30-mile trip.
7. Go jump in the corn pit at Sever's Corn Maze. You will find kernels of corn around your home for days afterwards, but it's worth it.
8. If you want to stay in the city but still get in the water, check in with the team at Above the Falls Sports for a guided kayaking tour.
10. Have a little fire in your backyard and drink hot tea. Maybe listen to some Dashboard Confessional? It seems simple, but I can't get enough of it.
Let's take advantage of when it still feels good to be outside! Have fun!